I’ve never considered myself to be (what some call) ‘a man’s man’. This is due to a number of factors:
- I have limited sporting abilities, (I still remember my year 7 rugby trials where I got absolutely steam-rolled by a guy who was smaller than me)
- I am not that fussed about alcoholic beverages
- I don’t feel the urge to be ‘Wild at heart‘, whatever that means
- I play piano and write songs
- I still like confectionary
…but last Thursday, I climbed a few rungs up this ‘aussie male’ ladder.
I did the following things in 24 hours with a good mate from Moore College, Geoff Thompson:
- A road trip. (yes it was to canberra, but it still counts)
- Stood 2nd row as Midnight Oil did a two hour reunion gig.
- Camped out on Lake George on the way home. Falling asleep to the sound of road-trains going nowhere.
- Drank (a) beer.
- Woke up and tried to shoot foxes, but had to settle for shooting coke cans on fence posts instead.